We should all have a comfort zone. A place where we feel safe physically, emotionally, and psychologically. It is important for our peace of mind that we have this space to be free from worry and stress.
Just as having a comfort zone is critical in our lives, stepping out of your comfort zone is important because it will help you live life to its fullest. This means doing things that do not come easy and are a challenge for us.Without stepping out of your comfort zone, you will not be able to mature and grow as an individual.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.Neale Donald Walsch
Unquestionably, what we fear most about challenging ourselves is that we may fail and/or get hurt. The truth is, most of us have the ability to overcome obstacles and actually succeed in accomplishing new and challenging tasks. Stepping out of your comfort zone, discovering who you are, and overcoming your fears will ultimately result in a stronger self-image and better relationships with others.
The best things in life are often waiting for you at the exit ramp of your comfort zone.Karen Salmansohn
Some advantages to stepping outside your comfort zone:
- Opportunity for self-growth: By challenging yourself, you will reach heights not possible by staying stagnant. You will learn new skills to add to your toolbox.
- Learn something new about yourself: By stepping outside your comfort zone, you will learn more about your strengths and talents that you never knew you possessed. You learn to be a creative problem-solver.
- Increase your self-confidence: By getting out there and pushing past your comfort zone, you will prove to yourself all that you are capable of accomplishing. Your self-esteem will increase as a result.
- Learn to think outside the box: You will gain skills that will carry over to all aspects of your life. We never know what tomorrow will bring, and we need confidence and knowledge that we will be able to handle all that life throws at us.
- You really start living: Your daily life will take on a different feeling. You will begin to look at difficult and previously impossible tasks as doable. You will become happier with yourself and your life.
- Develop new relationships: When you try something new, you meet new people along the way. Stepping out of your comfort zone, discovering who you are and overcoming yours fears will ultimately result in a better relationship with yourself which will lead to better relationships with others.
Try new things, step out of your comfort zone, take risks, do things in ways you’ve never done them before, ask for help, surround yourself with self-actualized people, become obsessed with the fact that you have one go-round on this planet as the you that is you, and realize how precious and important it is not to squander that.Jen Sincero
Stepping out of your comfort zone may seem overwhelming at first. But, instead of looking at the task as a whole, break it down into smaller segments. What small change can you make that will eventually lead you to the end result you desire? Be open to new experiences and creative outlets. Try your hand at a new craft or activity. By doing this, you will discover that you have talents and abilities you previously thought inconceivable.