Intentions can be defined as our designs for living. They are purposeful, not an accidental occurrence. Our intentions shape the choices we make in our lives. Since our intentions determine our choices, so it seems that we are our intentions.
Our intention creates our reality.Wayne Dyer
There are two kinds of intentions – conscious and unconscious.
Consciousness refers to your individual awareness of your unique thoughts, memories, feelings, sensations, and environments. Essentially, your consciousness is your awareness of yourself and the world around you. Only conscious intentions can produce the intended outcomes you desire. Therefore, only if you make your intention conscious either by saying it out loud, writing it down, or visualizing it in your mind, do you then have a chance of achieving what you want.
Conversely, unconscious intentions also produce effects but they are more often than not, unintended outcomes. Unconscious intentions are often responsible for our unproductive behavior, poor choices, and poor results.
Conscious intention is:
- A purposeful manipulation of the mind toward an objective
- A determination to act in a certain way or to do a certain thing
- The object towards which our thoughts are directed.
Everything in this world is created twice. First in the mind as an intention, and then in reality. Without that intention, there would be no reality. This is true of both conscious and unconscious intentions.
- A high-rise building is first created in the mind of the architect before it rises into the air.
- A fancy sports car is first created in the mind of the designer before it goes down the assembly line.
- A new style of dress is first created in the mind of the designer before it is sewn together.
- An new sleek jet is created in the mind of its designer first before it ends up in the sky.
The same is true for all human beings. We, too, are created twice. We are first created in our minds with our conscious and unconscious intentions. Only then, are we able to become the person we would like to be.
- A successful entrepreneur is first dreamt of in the mind of the person before ending up a business owner.
The world is awaiting your gift – all you have to do is show up with the right intention!Lewis Howes
Your intentions can be actions (to be creative), feelings (to feel connected), or thoughts (to be positive). There is no wrong way to set intentions. They can be short or long-term.
Deepak Chopra teaches to start with meditation and set your intention in the quietness of your mind. Next, you release your intentions and desires. In other words, you stop thinking about it. Finally, you detach yourself from the outcome and let the universe handle the rest.
All that counts in life is intention.Andrea Bocelli
If you want to be the best that you can be, be conscious of what is happening in your own mind. Your intention creates your reality, so it is important to know what your intentions are. Take time to love yourself enough and set intentions for yourself.