Some days it takes all our energy just to get through the day. It seems like the simplest tasks seem insurmountable. Especially during this Covid-19 pandemic, emotions seem to be magnified and a bad day can feel overwhelming. It is in these times that we only need to focus on one step at a time.
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”Steve Jobs
Just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward.
- Let go of the past: It is not worth your peace of mind to dwell on things that are long gone. Learn from them and move forward. Don’t allow negative things to hold you down just because they are comfortable and familiar to you. It will not be worth the pain in the long run.
- Tap into your resources: Phone a friend, FaceTime, Zoom meeting or just text someone who will help you get through this difficult time you are having. If there is no one you can think of, then go into social media or YouTube and find some inspiring people to help you get past that first step.
- Focus on the things you can change: You cannot change the way that someone else treats you, you can only change the way you react to those behaviors. You have the ability to change your thoughts and actions, so focus on that. Learn from past mistakes.
“You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”Martin Luther King, Jr.
- One small step: Ask yourself, “What is one small step I can take right now to move forward?” Keep it simple, but don’t let yourself procrastinate or resist taking that step.
- Reward yourself for your efforts: After you have accomplished the first step, give yourself a reward for your win. This is a way for you to feel good about taking care of yourself and help to recharge your battery.
“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”Walt Disney
We are all navigating through unchartered territory lately and it can be very difficult some days. Do whatever you can to put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward. Tomorrow the sun will rise on a whole new opportunity to bring you happiness and fulfillment.