To heal means to make healthy, whole, or sound; restore to health; free from ailment. True healing occurs in more than the physical body, it occurs in our whole selves – body, mind, and spirit.
In addition to physical healing, there are many other ways we can become completely healthy. These include different types of expressing ourselves, connecting with others, and self-development.
Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.Elton John
Different ways to heal ourselves:
- Mind-body therapies such as guided imagery, biofeedback and hypnosis can help us learn how to de-stress and control physiological functions such as blood pressure and heart rate.
- Laughter and humor are good for our immune system and can shift our perspective and create connections with others.
- Meditation and spirituality can bring us into a state of deep relaxation that can help us cope and feel connected with nature or a universal source of being.
- Relating to pets can help us feel calmer and foster a feeling of closeness and understanding with another being.
- Cooking or gardening can stimulate our senses, relax the mind and bring a deep sense of satisfaction.
- Engaging in any creative process is healing. It is a way of knowing yourself better on the deepest levels and communicating your inner experience.
- Making small changes in our environment helps us on physical and emotional levels by bringing in natural light, art, or color. These things can have an intense effect on our nervous system and feelings of well-being.
Healing yourself is connected with healing others.Yoko Ono
These things have been shown to have a positive impact on improving our health.